That's because in the end, this company, like Dell (DELL), is just an assembler of parts with very little added. You can assemble the parts, too. The services business, GME, bought by Mark Hurd to diversify away from hardware, is getting crushed by Accenture (ACN), IBM (IBM) and SAP (SAP). The phone business Palm, also bought to diversify, is stillborn. And finally, the networking business, which looked so promising as a competitor to Cisco (CSCO), has been crushed by that recharged colossus.It would be enough to stay away from HPQ just because of the crushing of all of those others businesses. But the simple fact is that there were accounting irregularities here that cost them $10 billion and even if everything were hunky dory away from that I would still tell you to sell. And sell. And sell.
Jim Cramer: Sell, Sell, Sell HPQ
Nov 21, 2012 | 07:00 AM EST
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV