ACI Response To CPSC Alert On Single-Load Liquid Laundry Packets: Education Is The Key To Prevention Of Injuries
WASHINGTON, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is reiterating the need to follow proper usage and storage practices when handling laundry detergents, including single-load liquid laundry packets, in a new alert issued by the agency, according to the American Cleaning Institute® (ACI – www.cleaninginstitute.org).
"All laundry and cleaning products should be kept out of sight and out of the reach of children," said Nancy Bock, ACI Senior Vice President of Education.
"We agree that it is important to reiterate the messages for parents and caregivers on the steps they can take to keep detergent out of reach of children. Education is the key to prevention of injuries."
ACI reminds consumers of these safety steps when using single-load laundry packets:
- Do NOT let children handle laundry packets.
- Keep the liquid laundry packets sealed in their original packaging, and make sure they are kept out of a child's sight and reach.
- If swallowed or exposed to the eye, immediately call your local Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV