The San Francisco-based cloud-computing company earned 33 cents per share on a non-GAAP basis, generating $788 million in revenue. That's a 35% boost in revenue from a year earlier, with both subscription/support revenue and professional services posting exceptional growth.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were expecting Salesforce.com to earn 32 cents per share on $776.12 million in revenue.
"Salesforce.com is the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed a $3 billion annual revenue run rate," CEO Marc Benioff said.Salesforce ended the quarter with $1.4 billion in cash and cash-equivalents. For the fourth quarter, Salesforce expects earnings per share of 38 cents to 40 cents on a non-GAAP basis, and revenue of $825 million to $830 million. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect 40 cents per share on $829.88 million in revenue. For fiscal 2014, Salesforce expects revenue of $3.8 billion to $3.85 billion. Shares of Salesforce.com ended the session lower, off 1% to $145.90. The stock is moving higher in after-hours, gaining 0.8% to $147.03, according to Nasdaq.com. Interested in more on Salesforce? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV