- Total net sales for the third quarter were $124.9 million, an increase of 16.4% compared to the third quarter in the prior year. Comparable store sales, which include e-commerce sales, increased 1.9%. E-commerce sales were $12.9 million, an increase of 17% compared to the third quarter in the prior year.
- Gross profit increased 16.6% to $41.8 million. Gross margin was 33.5%, which was slightly higher than the third quarter of 2011.
- Operating income on a GAAP basis was $13.9 million compared to $12.3 million in the third quarter of 2011. Operating margin for the quarter was 11.1% as compared to 11.5% in the third quarter of 2011.
- On a GAAP basis, net income was $9.3 million, or $0.33 per diluted share, based on a weighted average diluted share count of 28.1 million shares. This compares to net income of $12.2 million, or $0.59 per weighted average diluted share, based on 20.5 million weighted average diluted shares in the third quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted net income for the quarter increased 19.0% to $8.3 million, or $0.30 per weighted average diluted share, compared to adjusted net income of $7.0 million, or $0.34 per weighted average diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011. These results assume an expected long-term effective tax rate of 40% for both this year and last year periods, and add back a charge for on-going non-cash compensation expense for stock options of $0.7 million, before tax, to the third quarter of 2011, which equals the charge for on-going non-cash compensation expense in the third quarter of 2012.
- At the conclusion of this press release is a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results.
Tilly’s, Inc. Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.