- Total net sales for the third quarter were $124.9 million, an increase of 16.4% compared to the third quarter in the prior year. Comparable store sales, which include e-commerce sales, increased 1.9%. E-commerce sales were $12.9 million, an increase of 17% compared to the third quarter in the prior year.
- Gross profit increased 16.6% to $41.8 million. Gross margin was 33.5%, which was slightly higher than the third quarter of 2011.
- Operating income on a GAAP basis was $13.9 million compared to $12.3 million in the third quarter of 2011. Operating margin for the quarter was 11.1% as compared to 11.5% in the third quarter of 2011.
- On a GAAP basis, net income was $9.3 million, or $0.33 per diluted share, based on a weighted average diluted share count of 28.1 million shares. This compares to net income of $12.2 million, or $0.59 per weighted average diluted share, based on 20.5 million weighted average diluted shares in the third quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted net income for the quarter increased 19.0% to $8.3 million, or $0.30 per weighted average diluted share, compared to adjusted net income of $7.0 million, or $0.34 per weighted average diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011. These results assume an expected long-term effective tax rate of 40% for both this year and last year periods, and add back a charge for on-going non-cash compensation expense for stock options of $0.7 million, before tax, to the third quarter of 2011, which equals the charge for on-going non-cash compensation expense in the third quarter of 2012.
- At the conclusion of this press release is a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results.
Tilly’s, Inc. Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts