Tilly’s, Inc. (NYSE: TLYS) today announced financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 ended October 27, 2012.
For the thirteen weeks ended October 27, 2012:
- Total net sales for the third quarter were $124.9 million, an increase of 16.4% compared to the third quarter in the prior year. Comparable store sales, which include e-commerce sales, increased 1.9%. E-commerce sales were $12.9 million, an increase of 17% compared to the third quarter in the prior year.
- Gross profit increased 16.6% to $41.8 million. Gross margin was 33.5%, which was slightly higher than the third quarter of 2011.
- Operating income on a GAAP basis was $13.9 million compared to $12.3 million in the third quarter of 2011. Operating margin for the quarter was 11.1% as compared to 11.5% in the third quarter of 2011.
- On a GAAP basis, net income was $9.3 million, or $0.33 per diluted share, based on a weighted average diluted share count of 28.1 million shares. This compares to net income of $12.2 million, or $0.59 per weighted average diluted share, based on 20.5 million weighted average diluted shares in the third quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted net income for the quarter increased 19.0% to $8.3 million, or $0.30 per weighted average diluted share, compared to adjusted net income of $7.0 million, or $0.34 per weighted average diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011. These results assume an expected long-term effective tax rate of 40% for both this year and last year periods, and add back a charge for on-going non-cash compensation expense for stock options of $0.7 million, before tax, to the third quarter of 2011, which equals the charge for on-going non-cash compensation expense in the third quarter of 2012.
- At the conclusion of this press release is a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results.
Daniel Griesemer, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Our results for the third quarter exemplify the strength and uniqueness of our business model that has guided Tilly’s success over the past 30 years. Strong execution on the controllable elements of our business resulted in quality earnings that were at the high end of our outlook range and inventory appropriately positioned for the holiday season. We opened seven new stores and expanded into three new states including Ohio, Michigan and North Carolina, and these stores are off to a good start. While we are cautious in our outlook for the fourth quarter, I am confident that the fundamentals of our business, the strength of our business model and the disciplined execution of our management team will enable us to make steady progress on our long-term growth initiatives.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV