Thomas R. Burton has announced his retirement as Chief Executive Officer of Hampden Bank (the “Bank”) and Hampden Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”) (NASDAQ:HBNK), effective December 31, 2012. The Board of Directors of the Company, which is the holding company for the Bank, has unanimously elected Glenn S. Welch as Chief Executive Officer of the Company and the Bank effective January 1, 2013, succeeding Mr. Burton. As discussed in more detail below, Mr. Welch has served in numerous leadership roles with the Company and the Bank since 2001, most recently as President and Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Burton will continue to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the Company and the Bank after December 31, 2012.
Thomas R. Burton, CPA, CGMA, has served as the Chief Executive Officer of the Company and the Bank and its predecessors since 1994. He also served as the President of the Company and the Bank and its predecessors from 1994 to January 2011. Prior to that, he was a managing partner at KPMG LLP. Mr. Burton has a Bachelor of Science degree from Western New England University. Mr. Burton has been actively involved in professional organizations and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Connecticut and Massachusetts Societies of Certified Public Accountants, where he served as Chairman of the Massachusetts Society Bank Accounting Committee. Mr. Burton is a past member of the Board of Directors and past Chairman of the Affiliated Chamber of Commerce of Greater Springfield, member of the Board of Trustees and past Chairman of Western New England University, Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Bankers’ Bank Northeast, Director of the Depositors Insurance Fund of Massachusetts, Director and past Chairman of The Association for Community Living and member of the Board and Treasurer of the Springfield Symphony Orchestra.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV