BC-Holiday Shopping Digest
Holiday Shopping Digest
Editors: Here are the stories being planned for the start of the holiday shopping season.
Wednesday, Nov. 21HOLIDAY SHOPPING YOUR WAY NEW YORK â¿¿ If the economic downturn has taught retailers anything, it's that a 50 percent off sale isn't enough to lure finicky American shoppers into stores these days. So this holiday season, shoppers will find that retailers are doing all kinds of things to make it easier for them to part with their money. They're offering free layaways and shipping. They're matching prices with online rivals. They're even opening on Thanksgiving Day. By Retail Writer Mae Anderson. AP photos SMALLBIZ-SMALL TALK After the crowds have shopped at big stores and malls on Black Friday, small businesses are hoping Saturday will be their day. On Small Business Saturday, thousands of stores, dry cleaners, spas and other establishments across the country will offer their own discounts and promotions to draw holiday shoppers. Small Business Saturday was created by American Express three years ago as a way to get more consumers to use its cards. Many small businesses do get a sales bump from the day â¿¿ but for some, it's part of a strategy for the whole holiday season. Perhaps more importantly, it's an opportunity to build a corps of customers who will keep coming back year-round. By Joyce M. Rosenberg. AP photos Eds: Will move Wednesday for use anytime. Thursday, Nov. 22 BLACK THURSDAY NEW YORK â¿¿ Black Friday, traditionally the busiest shopping day of the year, has crept into Thanksgiving Day. A number of stores from Wal-Mart to Target to Sears are opening their doors on Turkey Day, but will Americans be willing to put down the pumpkin pie in order to start their holiday shopping a day early. By Business Writer Tom Krisher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV