Imation Corp. (NYSE: IMN), a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced that it is shipping the next generation in the Ultrium® format of Linear Tape-Open® (LTO) technology – certified LTO 6 Ultrium tape cartridges. LTO 6 joins Imation’s portfolio of LTO tape cartridges, libraries, and drives as an important part of Imation’s tiered storage solutions that enable organizations – from small businesses through large enterprise data centers – to deal with increasing amounts of data that require large capacity, affordable offline backup and archiving. The latest LTO 6 technology features increased capacity (6.25 TB) and faster transfer rates (400 MB per second) for improved storage optimization. Imation’s LTO 6 tape cartridges are available under the Imation and TDK Life on Record brands and can be used within any drive or system built for LTO 6 technology.
Developed by Imation, a pioneer in tape storage over more than a half-century, Imation LTO tape media boasts premium tape performance, tracking accuracy and durability, characteristics that solidify the role for magnetic tape media in a tiered data storage infrastructure. Imation holds many patents for magnetic media development and continues to generate new technology for the LTO platform with an eye toward future generations.
Imation and TDK Life on Record LTO 6 tape cartridges feature unique innovations for improved tape performance, reliability and durability, including:
- Imation advanced servo writing technology: Ensures precise alignment between drive head and data tracks for greater reliability.
- Imation patented corner snap: Improves cartridge strength and protects data during shipping or mishandling.
- Imation patented three-piece tape spool: Distributes stress more evenly over the tape surface for better performance and longer archival life.
“Tiered storage is critical for cost effectively managing the rapid rise of unstructured data and with advances like those in Imation and TDK Life on Record LTO 6 cartridges, tape continues to be an integral part of tiered storage strategies for scalable offline or ‘cold’ storage,” said Luc Gheysens, vice president and general manager, Imation. “Imation offers storage backup and archiving solutions that manage data across multiple media types, including hard disk drives, RDX® removable drives, tape and the cloud, that aid in scalability and data transfer. As a platform for offline storage, tape media continues to deliver the lowest cost per gigabyte while maintaining a 30-year archival life, so that many companies, even the world’s largest cloud providers, continue to rely on it as a foundation for offline backup and archiving.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV