International Orchid Show & Sale Blooms At Museum In Philadelphia, April 12-14, 2013
PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time, an international orchid show will transform the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University into a spectacular world of flowers. The International Orchid Show and Sale will be held April 12–14, 2013, in collaboration with the Southeastern Pennsylvania Orchid Society. The event is free with regular museum admission.
The orchid extravaganza will feature more than 30 spectacular exhibits showcasing beautiful, sometimes bizarre, often fragrant, and always interesting orchids in full bloom. Visitors will marvel at the unparalleled beauty, complexity and diversity of the world's largest family of flowering plants, Orchidaceae, the scientific Latin name.
Arrayed throughout the museum will be more than 1,200 plants from orchid societies and individuals. These entries will be evaluated by certified American Orchid Society judges from the U.S. and Canada. Nearly 25 vendors from Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, Brazil, Ecuador, and the U.S. will set up shop and offer orchid plants as well as growing supplies and related giftware.This International Orchid Show and Sale is the largest of its kind in the U.S. outside Florida and California. This is the first time the event will be held at the Academy, the nation's oldest natural history museum. "This is a fantastic opportunity to appreciate and enjoy a vastly diverse array of these exotic plants all in one place," said Academy President and CEO George W. Gephart, Jr. "The fascination with orchids dates back centuries, with some harrowing tales of orchid thieves and species endangerment." In addition to the orchid displays and market, there will be lectures, activities for families, and tours by appointment of the Academy's world-renowned botanical collection of about 1.4 million specimens, including about 9,000 orchids.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV