Violent Attack Against Personhood Volunteer Leads To Arrest Of Alleged Serial Rapist
DENVER, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A man charged with assault on a Personhood volunteer has also been charged with three previously unsolved rape cases, according to prosecutors.
Personhood volunteer and staunch prolife advocate Everett Stadig was petitioning for the Colorado Personhood amendment when he was criminally assaulted in early July. Everett suffered several injuries, including a seriously injured hip which required surgery, and was hospitalized.
During his hospital stay, Stadig's unwavering commitment to defend human lives made headlines as he continued to collect personhood petition signatures from his hospital bed, asking doctors, nurses, and visitors for their signatures on his petition.
William Costello was charged with the assault and has now been charged with two counts of second-degree kidnapping, two counts of sexual assault on a child, and three counts of sexual assault.Katie's Law requires that DNA samples be taken from suspected felons at the time of their arrest. Because of this law, DNA samples were taken from Costello, and, according to prosecutors, matched with a suspect's DNA from the sexual assaults ranging from 2008 to 2011, one of which was against a child. These horrific crimes had remained unsolved and unpunished until now. " William Costello stands accused as a serial rapist, and as the perpetrator of unthinkable harm," commented Jennifer Mason, Personhood USA spokesperson. "Not only did he make it abundantly clear to Everett Stadig that he was violently opposed to the personhood rights of innocent children, he is accused of a violent denial and violation of the personhood rights of his victims, as well. While Everett's injuries are healing, we pray for the victims of these heinous crimes and rejoice that a violent criminal is behind bars." SOURCE Personhood USA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV