Louisiana Unemployment Rate Falls
NEW ORLEANS (AP) â¿¿ Louisiana's unemployment rate dropped to 6.6 percent for October, down from 7 percent in September, and 7.1 percent for October 2011.
Tuesday's report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed total employment of 1,940,995 in October. The September figure was 1,927,850.
The number listed as unemployed fell to 137,785 in October from 144,216 in September.
The labor force grew, according to the report, which said there were 2,078,780 people in the workforce in October, compared to 2,072,066 the month before.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV