Wyoming's Unemployment Rate Remains Below Average
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) â¿¿ The unemployment rate in Wyoming remains well below the national average.
New figures released Tuesday by the state Department of Workforce Services say the state jobless rate fell from 5.4 percent in September to 5.2 percent in October.
Last month's 5.2-percent rate is down from the same month last year when unemployment stood at 5.8 percent. Wyoming's 5.2-percent jobless rate also is significantly lower than the U.S. unemployment rate of 7.9 percent for October.
The Wyoming county with the lowest unemployment rate last month was Sublette County, with 2.9 percent. The highest was Teton County, which posted 6.1 percent. Workforce Services says it's normal for unemployment to increase in Teton County this time of year because the summer tourist season has ended and the ski season hasn't started yet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV