- 45% of underbanked Americans surveyed say they don't have enough money to cover holiday expenses.
- 85% say they will spend the same or less money on holiday gifts this year than they did in 2011.
- 44% define their anxiety level going into the holiday season as either "high or extremely high."
- 41% say they will take advantage of store layaway programs (even 50% of Americans in the $75,000 to $99,000 annual income bracket are counting on using layaway programs this year), but most underbanked Americans say they need another financing option beyond layaway to keep holiday spending under budget.
- 59% say they will carry extensive debt into 2013.
Survey: Many With Money Troubles 'Wish They Could Skip' the Holidays
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.