- 45% of underbanked Americans surveyed say they don't have enough money to cover holiday expenses.
- 85% say they will spend the same or less money on holiday gifts this year than they did in 2011.
- 44% define their anxiety level going into the holiday season as either "high or extremely high."
- 41% say they will take advantage of store layaway programs (even 50% of Americans in the $75,000 to $99,000 annual income bracket are counting on using layaway programs this year), but most underbanked Americans say they need another financing option beyond layaway to keep holiday spending under budget.
- 59% say they will carry extensive debt into 2013.
Survey: Many With Money Troubles 'Wish They Could Skip' the Holidays
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts