Iowa Unemployment Rate Dips To 5.1 Pct In October
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) â¿¿ Iowa's unemployment rate dipped again in October to 5.1 percent.
Iowa Workforce Development officials say the preliminary October rate was lower than last October's 5.8 percent rate and lower than this September's 5.2 percent.
The national unemployment rate registered 7.9 percent in October. That's down from last October's 8.9 percent but up slightly from September's 7.8 percent.
Workforce Development Director Teresa Wahlert says Iowa's job market looked a bit stronger in October as hiring strengthened across most industries.The number of unemployed Iowans decreased to 83,800 in October, and the number of nonfarm jobs grew by 6,000 to 1,496,300 total.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV