Maine Unemployment Rate Drops In October
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) â¿¿ Maine Labor Commissioner Jeanne Paquette says Maine's unemployment rate dropped by 0.2 percentage points to 7.4 percent in October.
October's preliminary rate, down slightly from 7.6 percent in September, compares to New England's overall jobless rate for the month, 7.4 percent.
The share of Maine's population that's employed remained well above the national average in October. It was the 61st consecutive month Maine had a higher employment to population ratio than the nation.
October's figures are adjusted to reflect seasonal fluctuations in the labor market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV