Vermont Unemployment Up Slightly In October
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) â¿¿ The Vermont Department of Labor says the state's unemployment rate ticked up one-tenth of 1 percent in October to 5.5 percent.
The figure is up from 5.4 percent in September and 5.4 percent in October 2011. The national unemployment rate for October was 7.9 percent.
Despite the increase, Vermont still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country.
The statistics show the total labor force in Vermont increased last month for the second straight month.Seasonally adjusted data for October shows total employment increased by 700 last month while total unemployment increased by 200. Unemployment in Vermont's 17 labor market areas ranged from 3.3 percent in Hartford to 6.2 percent in Newport and Rutland.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV