LONDON, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FICO (NYSE:FICO), the leading provider of analytics and decision management technology, and Efma today announced the results of the sixth European Credit Risk Survey, which indicates retail bankers' risk management priorities for 2013. In the survey, which queried credit risk professionals from 27 countries in September and October, 61 percent of respondents said cross-selling products to existing customers will be a priority in 2013, and 54 percent said they will analyze Big Data to better understand customers' needs and risk.
"In this risk-averse period, banks are looking for credit growth primarily from existing customers, on whom they have more data," said Frans Labuschagne, general manager for FICO in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. "But customers are risk-averse too, so banks need to really dig into customer needs to identify offers that might work. That's where Big Data comes in — it's a new resource that, if used wisely, can guide much more customer-centric offers and services."
In the survey, 71 percent of respondents said demonstrating a higher return on capital is a priority for next year, making this the top priority for 2013. The other highest priorities identified were using mobile channels (49 percent) and increasing capital to meet Basel requirements (just 40 percent, but 21 percent put it as a top priority).On the risk front, at least 40 percent of respondents saw delinquencies rising in the next six months on mortgages, auto loans, credit cards, small business loans and overdrafts. "This represents an improvement on the prior survey, released in July, when these numbers were above 50 percent," said Labuschagne. "For example, 44 percent of respondents forecast an increase in mortgage delinquencies, compared to 55 percent in the last survey."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV