This holiday season, Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is bringing its mission of Serving Others to life. In stores now through Dec. 16, customers will have the opportunity to give to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s Thanks and Giving® campaign and the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots Foundation or other local toy drive.
For the seventh consecutive year, Dollar General is supporting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s Thanks and Giving® campaign, which asks shoppers to “Give thanks for the healthy children in your life, and give to those who are not.” Customers who shop with Dollar General now through Dec. 16 can participate by donating $1 or more at check-out. Over the past seven years, Dollar General customers have supported St. Jude by contributing more than $7.5 million to the Thanks and Giving® campaign. St. Jude is the nation’s leading pediatric research and treatment center devoted solely to children with cancer and other deadly diseases. It is the only hospital that covers all of the costs for treatment, travel, food and lodging for each patient and a family member.
“Dollar General is honored to support St. Jude’s work in saving children’s lives by participating in the Thanks and Giving® campaign,” said Rick Dreiling, Dollar General’s chairman and CEO. “Our customers have been very generous in supporting the Thanks and Giving® campaign over the years, and we are excited to offer the opportunity to contribute again this holiday season.”
The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Foundation aims to help children experience the joy of the season. From now to Dec. 16, more than 10,000 Dollar General stores will collect new, unwrapped toys for in-store toy drives through Toys for Tots or, in certain circumstances, other local toy drives. Also, Dollar General will again donate $100,000 to the Toys for Tots Foundation in an effort to help reach children across the country.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV