2. As of noon trading, Exelon ( EXC) is down $0.26 (-0.9%) to $28.93 on light volume Thus far, 2.3 million shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.80-$29.23 after having opened the day at $29.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.19. Exelon Corporation, a utility services holding company, engages in the energy generation and distribution business in the United States. Exelon has a market cap of $25.0 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 32.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Exelon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Exelon as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Get the full Exelon Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts