4. As of noon trading, FirstEnergy ( FE) is down $0.27 (-0.7%) to $41.29 on light volume Thus far, 756,854 shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $41.16-$41.62 after having opened the day at $41.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.56. FirstEnergy Corp. operates as a diversified energy company. The company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity. FirstEnergy has a market cap of $17.3 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate FirstEnergy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates FirstEnergy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts