3 Stocks Pushing The Transportation Industry Lower
2. As of noon trading, CSX ( CSX) is down $0.09 (-0.5%) to $19.59 on light volume Thus far, 2.4 million shares of CSX exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $19.45-$19.65 after having opened the day at $19.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.68. CSX Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides rail-based transportation services. It offers traditional rail service and the transport of intermodal containers and trailers. CSX has a market cap of $19.6 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate CSX a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CSX as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full CSX Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts