2. As of noon trading, Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ) is down $1.38 (-10.4%) to $11.92 on heavy volume Thus far, 97.6 million shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 27.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $11.35-$12.06 after having opened the day at $11.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.30. Hewlett-Packard Company and its subsidiaries provide products, technologies, software, solutions, and services to individual consumers and small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), as well as to the government, health, and education sectors worldwide. Hewlett-Packard has a market cap of $25.3 billion and is part of the computer hardware industry. The company has a P/E ratio of -4.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 48.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Hewlett-Packard a buy, 8 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hewlett-Packard as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk. Get the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts