4. As of noon trading, Safeway ( SWY) is down $0.45 (-2.7%) to $16.31 on light volume Thus far, 2.3 million shares of Safeway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $16.17-$16.74 after having opened the day at $16.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.76. Safeway Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a food and drug retailer in North America. Safeway has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 21.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Safeway a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Safeway as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Safeway Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts