3 Stocks Pushing The Retail Industry Lower
2. As of noon trading, Dollar General Corporation ( DG) is down $0.74 (-1.5%) to $47.74 on light volume Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Dollar General Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.66-$48.57 after having opened the day at $48.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.47. Dollar General Corporation operates as a discount retailer primarily in the southern, southwestern, midwestern, and eastern United States. Dollar General Corporation has a market cap of $16.2 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Dollar General Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dollar General Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Dollar General Corporation Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts