3. As of noon trading, Equity Residential ( EQR) is down $0.26 (-0.5%) to $54.44 on light volume Thus far, 546,037 shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $54.07-$54.68 after having opened the day at $54.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.70. Equity Residential, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily properties in the United States. Equity Residential has a market cap of $16.4 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 81.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Equity Residential a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Equity Residential as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Equity Residential Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts