1. As of noon trading, Cliffs Natural Resources ( CLF) is down $2.86 (-8.3%) to $31.80 on heavy volume Thus far, 9.4 million shares of Cliffs Natural Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.18-$33.30 after having opened the day at $33.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.66. Cliffs Natural Resources Inc., a mining and natural resources company, engages in the production of iron ore pellets, fines and lump ore, and metallurgical coal. Cliffs Natural Resources has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 43.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Cliffs Natural Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cliffs Natural Resources as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Cliffs Natural Resources Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the metals & mining industry could consider SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF ( XME) while those bearish on the metals & mining industry could consider PowerShares DB Base Metals Sht ETN ( BOS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts