3. As of noon trading, Alcoa ( AA) is down $0.15 (-1.8%) to $8.19 on light volume Thus far, 5.5 million shares of Alcoa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $8.18-$8.31 after having opened the day at $8.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.34. Alcoa Inc. engages in the production and management of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina. The company operates in four segments: Alumina, Primary Metals, Flat-Rolled Products, and Engineered Products and Solutions. Alcoa has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of -39.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Alcoa a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Alcoa as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its a solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have looked at. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full Alcoa Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts