1. As of noon trading, General Motors ( GM) is down $0.19 (-0.8%) to $24.74 on light volume Thus far, 2.2 million shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $24.66-$24.94 after having opened the day at $24.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.93. General Motors Company (GM) designs, manufactures, and markets cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. General Motors has a market cap of $37.3 billion and is part of the automotive industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate General Motors a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates General Motors as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins. Get the full General Motors Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts