2. As of noon trading, Symantec ( SYMC) is down $0.19 (-1.0%) to $18.00 on light volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of Symantec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $17.93-$18.18 after having opened the day at $18.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.19. Symantec Corporation provides security, storage, and systems management solutions to various organization and consumers worldwide. It operates in four segments: Consumer, Security and Compliance, Storage and Server Management, and Services. Symantec has a market cap of $12.5 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Symantec a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Symantec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Symantec Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts