4. As of noon trading, National Oilwell Varco ( NOV) is down $1.15 (-1.6%) to $72.14 on light volume Thus far, 1.1 million shares of National Oilwell Varco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $72.11-$72.89 after having opened the day at $72.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.29. National Oilwell Varco, Inc. designs, constructs, manufactures, and sells systems, components, and products for oil and gas drilling and production, as well as provides oilfield services and supplies, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry worldwide. National Oilwell Varco has a market cap of $30.1 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 20 analysts that rate National Oilwell Varco a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates National Oilwell Varco as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full National Oilwell Varco Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts