3 Stocks Pushing The Utilities Sector Higher
1. As of noon trading, Sempra Energy ( SRE) is up $0.46 (0.7%) to $66.37 on average volume Thus far, 562,488 shares of Sempra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $65.77-$66.41 after having opened the day at $66.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.91. Sempra Energy, through its subsidiaries, operates as an energy services company. Sempra Energy has a market cap of $16.0 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Sempra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sempra Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Sempra Energy Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the utilities sector could consider Utilities Select Sector SPDR ( XLU) while those bearish on the utilities sector could consider ProShares UltraShort Utilities ( SDP). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts