3 Stocks Pushing The Utilities Sector Higher
2. As of noon trading, CMS Energy ( CMS) is up $0.39 (1.7%) to $23.65 on heavy volume Thus far, 5.4 million shares of CMS Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $23.43-$24.01 after having opened the day at $23.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.26. CMS Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as an energy company primarily in Michigan. The company operates in three segments: Electric Utility, Gas Utility, and Enterprises. CMS Energy has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate CMS Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CMS Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full CMS Energy Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts