1. As of noon trading, Amazon.com ( AMZN) is up $2.06 (0.9%) to $231.76 on light volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $229.50-$233.30 after having opened the day at $230.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $229.71. Amazon.com, Inc. operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. It operates retail Websites, such as amazon.com and amazon.ca. The company serves consumers through its retail Websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience. Amazon.com has a market cap of $102.0 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 2815.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 30.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 23 analysts that rate Amazon.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Amazon.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Amazon.com Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the retail industry could consider SPDR S&P Retail ETF ( XRT) while those bearish on the retail industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts