4. As of noon trading, Gap ( GPS) is up $0.54 (1.6%) to $34.96 on light volume Thus far, 1.8 million shares of Gap exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.37-$35.09 after having opened the day at $34.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.43. The Gap, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer. The company offers apparel, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, children, and babies under the Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Piperlime, and Athleta brand names. Gap has a market cap of $16.2 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 81.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Gap a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gap as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Gap Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts