1. As of noon trading, Medtronic ( MDT) is up $0.54 (1.3%) to $42.35 on average volume Thus far, 2.4 million shares of Medtronic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $42.27-$42.97 after having opened the day at $42.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.81. Medtronic, Inc. manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies worldwide. Medtronic has a market cap of $41.9 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Medtronic a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Medtronic as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Medtronic Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health services industry could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts