1. As of noon trading, Check Point Software Technologies ( CHKP) is up $0.53 (1.2%) to $45.39 on light volume Thus far, 626,280 shares of Check Point Software Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $44.52-$45.49 after having opened the day at $44.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.86. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. develops, markets, and supports a range of software, and combined hardware and software products and services for information technology (IT) security worldwide. Check Point Software Technologies has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Check Point Software Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Check Point Software Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Check Point Software Technologies Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the computer software & services industry could consider iShares S&P NA Tech Software Idx ( IGV) while those bearish on the computer software & services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts