DALLAS, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first high-temperature, nonvolatile Flash memory device for harsh environments. The SM28VLT32-HT has an operational capacity of 4 MB and eliminates the need for costly up-screening and qualification testing of industrial-grade components for temperature ranges outside data sheet specifications. The device allows data logging at extreme temperatures and is guaranteed for at least 1,000 hours of operating life in harsh environment applications, including oil and gas exploration, heavy industrial, and avionics. For more information or to order samples and EVMs, see www.ti.com/sm28vlt32-ht-pr.
Key features and benefits of the SM28VLT32-HT:
- Widest temperature range: Only nonvolatile Flash memory device qualified to work in temperatures ranging from -55 C to +210 C.
- High reliability: Tested across the entire temperature range to provide robust read/write operation over the device's operating life.
- Reduced design time: Eliminates the need for external parts allowing manufacturers to develop applications for harsh environments quickly and safely, and cuts development, testing and qualification time by six months.
- Small, ruggedized package: Available in either a ceramic flat pack or in Known Good Die (KGD), the SM28VLT32-HT allows small package integration into multi-chip modules for systems with limited board space.
- Serial interface: SPI interface simplifies design and packaging, and reduces pin count.
Packaging, availability and pricing The SM28VLT32-HT is sampling now in an 8-mm x 25-mm ceramic flat pack, with KGD package options and volume quantities available in 1Q13.Tools and support Built on a ruggedized board to allow for easier evaluation at higher temperatures, the HTFLASHEVM evaluation module is available now. Support is available for customers on the High Reliability Forum in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can ask questions and get answers from TI experts. Complementary portfolio for high reliabilityThe SM28VLT32-HT complements TI's full portfolio of analog and embedded processing products for high-temperature, high-reliability applications, such as the SM470R1B1M-HT ARM7TDMI™ Microcontroller and the SM320F28335-HT Delfino™ Digital Signal Controller.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV