Papa John’s International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) announced today that it will sign more than 200 North American franchise agreements in 2012. These franchisees, nearly half of whom represent individuals who are opening their first Papa John’s restaurant, expect to create more than 5,000 new jobs over the next three years.
“We are in the business of opening more restaurants and creating more jobs that continue to stimulate the economy,” said John Schnatter, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Nearly 50 percent of the new agreements signed represent individuals who are opening their first Papa John’s small business franchise. With the average Papa John’s franchisee owning three to five restaurants, we are proud to be doing our part as a brand to keep the economic engine running for small business owners.”
Today’s announcement comes less than three months after the company communicated continuation of its industry-leading Papa John’s Franchise Development Incentive Program. The program offers zero franchise fee, 0% royalty for 18 months and $50,000 in restaurant equipment for new restaurants opened through 2013. In 2012, restaurant openings under this program created approximately 3,000 jobs in North America.
Under the company’s 2013 Development Incentive Program, franchisees signing development agreements in the U.S. now through 2013 under this program can receive:
- No franchise fee ($25,000 value);
- $50,000 in equipment, including two Middleby-Marshall ovens, which may be purchased by the franchisee for $50 after operating for three years;
- A royalty waiver for up to 18 months; and
- A $3,000 food credit with PJ Food Service, which operates Papa John’s fresh dough and food distribution quality control centers, for each restaurant that opens at least 30 days prior to the scheduled opening date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV