NEW YORK (TheStreet) -This is one of cleverest PR news releases for the upcoming holidays that I've received so far. Combine the potential for overeating at a huge Thanksgiving feast with a new digital scale to monitor your weight, Bluetooth connectivity and an Apple (AAPL) iPhone or iPad - and you get the Wahoo Balance Smartphone Scale.
I warned you that it was clever.
Wahoo Fitness, the self-proclaimed leader in iPhone powered fitness, running and cycling has announced a bathroom scale which tracks your weight and Body Mass Index (BMI) over time. The scale sends the info to a new iPhone or iPad app (or both if you like).
"Step on the scale" the press release says "and your weight and BMI are sent, via Bluetooth, to the "Wahoo Wellness App" coming soon to the iTunes store. The scale/system will also supposedly work with more than 100 other "compatible" fitness software titles.The Wahoo Balance's internal memory holds up to 130 weight readings. It allows you to weigh-in at any time - with or without your iPhone - and sync when it's convenient for you. And, if you so desire, you can also use apps like TactioHealth to track your progress with charts, graphs and data points. The scale lets you set goals and weight profiles for as many as 16 different users. You can pre-order a Wahoo Balance Smartphone Scale of your own for $99. Shipments are promised for the first week of December - and should arrive in plenty of time for holiday giving. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV