IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lantronix (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart M2M connectivity solutions, today announced the worldwide availability of its new xPrintServer™ - Office Edition, the next-generation version of the company's award-winning xPrintServer – Network Edition, the industry's first and only plug-and-print hardware solution for printing from iPads®, iPhones®, and virtually any Apple iOS® device.
xPrintServer – Office Edition: Key Differentiators
The xPrintServer Office Edition comes with a wide range of robust features to support mobile printing throughout the enterprise. Designed in close collaboration with our enterprise customers, the new Office Edition addresses the challenges faced by IT departments on how to identify, deploy and manage iOS device printing throughout the extended organization. Key features include:
- Support for both USB and network-connected printers (wired or wireless), including multi-function printers (MFPs) and copiers
- Enhanced printer-user management, including printer usage rights, security and control over printers and user groups
- Proxy Server Support, global save and restore functionality, and the ability to export print logs
- Remote authentication / Active Directory support
- Firmware / driver loading via USB port
- Supports over 4,000 top brand printers, and an unlimited number of iPads, iPhones, and iOS users and devices
- Roughly the size of an iPhone with no additional software, CDs or application downloads required
- Automatic printer discovery and provisioning
- Easy to use and no configuration. Simply open the box, plug it in, print
- Anything that can be viewed, opened or read on an iOS device can be printed with the xPrintServer
The xPrintServer Family: Open it. Plug it in. Print!The xPrintServer Family is an easy-to-use hardware solution that utilizes the iOS native print menu and requires no additional applications, software downloads, or printer driver installations. With automatic printer discovery and no configuration, printing is hassle-free. Simply open the box, plug in power and Ethernet, and print –from any iOS device running iOS version 4.2 or later, to virtually any USB or network-connected printer, whether wired or wireless.