Last, but not least, is Limited Brands (LTD), the specialty retail name behind Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, and La Senza, among others. Limited Brands hasn't looked particularly compelling for the last couple of months -- while shares were in an uptrend from the start of the summer, that uptrend topped out in September and moved into a well defined, substantial downtrend.
But there's still an upside trade to this stock.
That's because yesterday LTD broke out above its downtrending resistance level, sparking a signal that the decline could be coming to an end in this stock. That signal is still preliminary at this point -- with only part of yesterday's session above resistance, we'll want to see shares close above that level again today before it makes sense to actually put money on a trade here.Here again, momentum adds some extra confidence to what's going on in LTD -- the downtrend in RSI broke at the same time that price did. Still, price is king, so until it gets confirmed in today's session, I'd recommend sitting on the sidelines. To see this week's trades in action, check out the Technical Setups for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr. At the time of publication, author had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV