Connecticut Radiology Group Leverages MedInformatix RIS To Achieve Stage 1 Meaningful Use Objectives
SOUTHBURY, Conn., Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --Naugatuck Valley Radiology (NVR), a 120-member practice group with 14 radiologists, credits the fully integrated MedInformatix Radiology Information System (RIS) with enabling its physicians to collect and track patient information electronically to satisfy Stage 1 Meaningful Use objectives and qualify for federal incentive payments in 2012. The certified software system documents patient medications, allergies, receipt of health education materials and other patient data that the radiology group tracks to comply with provisions of the 2009 federal stimulus bill.
The MedInformatix RIS, in tandem with its Electronic Health Records (EHR) component, is certified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of the National Coordinator - Authorized Testing and Certification Body (ONC-ATCB) to fulfill Stage 1 Meaningful Use requirements under the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The Meaningful Use initiative encourages healthcare providers to use certified technology to generate electronic health records and thereby eliminate errors and omissions that can affect the quality of patient care.
"MedInformatix did an excellent job designing and implementing our RIS, which has become the avenue for us to be successful in submitting Meaningful Use documentation to the federal government," said Paul Masotto, NVR Executive Director. "One of the benefits of using MedInformatix's fully integrated practice management system is working with one gold standard of data."
The practice group's RIS automates the entire patient activity cycle in real time, from scheduling to charting to claims processing. Integration of the system with NVR's Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and dictation tools facilitates efficient exchange of patient information among imaging technologists, radiologists and referring physicians, reducing the turnaround time to produce reports for referring physicians.Patients also can register to view clinical summaries, radiology reports and medical histories securely through the MedInformatix Patient Portal. The practice responds to five times as many daily requests from patients to check those records online than it did before the portal module was first introduced in 2011. Using MedInformatix, the practice has streamlined workflows, reduced errors and improved cash flow across its four sites that offer diagnostic imaging services including MRI, CT, ultrasound, cardiac stress testing, digital mammography, DEXA bone density testing and laser vein treatments. Among efficiencies produced are the following:
- The system's single database using Microsoft SQLmakes it easy for office and billing staff in different offices to trace insurance claims back to the point when a patient schedules a procedure, eliminating errors that could trigger insurance claim denials and contributing to a 30 percent reduction in outstanding accounts receivable.
- The MedInformatix system integrated with revenue management clearinghouse partner ZirMed reduces errors in claims processing and facilitates patients making online payments.
- Electronic remittance advice from insurance companies posts in real time, avoiding delays in determining the status of a claim.
- Schedulers can view appointment openings across the practice's network at a glance to book patients at the most convenient sites. Registration materials such as insurance cards, driver's licenses and referral orders are scanned into the MedInformatix system, eliminating paper handling and reducing the overall time patients spend in the practice office.
- Technologists can jot electronic notes into the MedInformatix system during a procedure, creating a more complete health record that radiologists can easily access.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV