Law Firm Kirby McInerney LLP Investigating Potential Claims On Behalf Of White River Capital, Inc. Shareholders
Kirby McInerney LLP is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of White River Capital, Inc. (“White River” or the “Company”) (NYSE: RVR) related to the proposed acquisition of the Company and its wholly-owned subsidiary Coastal Credit, L.L.C. by Parthenon Capital Partners (“Parthenon ”), a Boston and San Francisco-based private equity firm. Under the terms of the agreement, an affiliate of Parthenon will acquire all of the outstanding shares of White River common stock for a total transaction value of approximately $79.5 million, or $21.93 for each share of White River common stock.
The investigation concerns whether the White River Board of Directors violated its fiduciary duties by agreeing to this transaction and whether the proposed $21.93 per share consideration adequately values White River common shares. The offer price represents less than a 1% premium to the Company’s closing price the day before the transaction was announced. If consummated, the acquisition would present shareholders with a lower price than the $21.99 they could have received for their shares as recently as November 12, 2012, and would present them with a significantly lower price than the $27.11 at which shares were trading less than a year ago.
If you are a White River shareholder and wish to obtain additional information, please contact J. Brandon Walker, Esq. by email at email@example.com, or by telephone at (212) 699-1145 or (888) 529-4787.
Kirby McInerney LLP is a New York-based law firm concentrating in securities, shareholder, whistleblower, antitrust and consumer litigation. For additional information, please go to www.kmslaw.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV