France's Six New DTT Channels In High Definition Gear Up To Launch On Eutelsat's FRANSAT Platform On 12 December
PARIS, November 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Starting on 12 December, TV viewers across metropolitan France will be able to watch six new DTT channels broadcast exclusively in HD: Chérie 25, HD1, L'Équipe 21, Numéro 23, RMC Découverte and 6TER. The launch of these brand new channels marks another milestone in the expansion of free-to-air digital broadcast services in France and the progressive take-up of High Definition.
Only 25% of French homes in metropolitan France will be able to receive the new channels at launch through terrestrial reception (terrestrial reach will be progressively expanded until almost full coverage is achieved in mid-2015). All will however have national coverage by sate llite from day one , and will be available in Eutelsat ' s subscription-free FRANSAT platform.
Homes already equipped with a FRANSAT HD box will automatically receive the new channels using the channel numbering fixed by France's national broadcasting authority (the CSA). Homes with a Standard Digital FRANSAT box can upgrade to an HD box to get the full line-up of content. For the 75% of French homes equipped for terrestrial reception, access to the expanded line-up will be possible with a satellite dish and a FRANSAT HD box, available in over 8,000 retail outlets across metropolitan France.Jean-Luc Deroudilhe, CEO of Eutelsat's FRANSAT affiliate said: " We are delighted to provide nationwide coverage of these six new national channels from day one and to increase the HD offer to 10 subscription-free channels. The signal quality and digital choice availab le through FRANSAT continues to attract viewers, with almost two million TV sets now connected to our platform. " The FRANSAT platform is broadcast via the EUTELSAT 5 West A satellite at 5 degrees West.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV