Nurse Practitioners Vote To Form New National Membership Organization
"The nurse practitioner community has made it clear that they support this alliance and share our vision for one entity that represents the very best of what we have to offer as health care providers," said Angela Golden, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP, current President of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. "Coming together better serves our members and benefits our patients who need nurse practitioners now more than ever."
"Today's health care environment demands more efficiency and innovation as we look to control costs and improve outcomes," said Jill Olmstead, MSN, NP-C, President of the American College of Nurse Practitioners. "This consolidation exemplifies how collaboration and future-forward thinking can bring about positive changes across the health care spectrum."
Click here for a full list of AANP board members, effective January 1, 2013.
Nurse practitioners are prepared at the graduate level, with master's degrees or doctorates, which enables them to provide many of the health care services typically associated with physicians. In addition to being expert clinicians, nurse practitioners also focus on health promotion and disease prevention, together with health education and counseling to guide patients in making smarter health and lifestyle choices.For more information about AANP, visit www.aanp.org. For more information about ACNP, visit www.acnpweb.org. SOURCE American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV