What if the offer price for Amarin is $15 per share? Would this be acceptable? A 50% premium to the stock's current price is decent but is only on par with Amarin highs reached right after Vascepa was approved in July. Amarin executives and insiders sold $12 million of company stock at $13-14 per share right after Vascepa was approved, so why not sell the entire company for $15 per share?
David B. writes, "In response to your post on Amarin I am unsure what you mean when you say that Amarin will have a difficult time going against the deep pockets of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) when it comes to marketing Vascepa on its own. Vascepa is clearly a superior product when compared to Lovaza (which you always fail to mention). I think doctors would be negligent to prescribe Lovaza when there is a superior alternative out there with no harmful side effects (which Lovaza has.)"
Prescriptions for triglyceride-lowering fish oil pills are flattening and some doctors, buoyed by new research, are now questioning the drugs' cardiovascular benefits, reports Forbes' Matt Herper. His column, Could a Fish Oil Backlash Wash Out Amarin? is very much worth reading.
@hakujin, "Your cherry-picking of data, what was said in conference call et al, is sublimely low-brow journalism, fitting of AF."Drew writes, "You suck at writing. You don't know
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV