/R E P E A T -- Unique Global Survey Shows That Pollution And Natural Disasters Are The Top Two Environmental Concerns Of Children Across The World/
The report and the pressing environmental concerns of the children surveyed come as timely reminders as CCFC has just launched its Christmas Wish program in support of drought-ridden Burkina Faso.
"The Small Voices, Big Dreams survey has become an incredible resource for our organization as it allows us to learn from children in the communities where we work," said Lukowski. "Listening to the voices of children contributes to our understanding of how they view and experience the world and helps guide our priorities and programs. We are reminded that children can think beyond themselves and consider how their world can be improved."
Additional Survey Highlights Regarding Children's Hope and Dreams:
- Children in developing countries tend to dream of careers that will ensure the basic needs of their community are met in the future, with one in four citing people helping professions such as a teacher, social worker or healthcare professional.
- Children in developed countries indicated a higher desire for becoming professional athletes and entertainers than children in developing countries.
About the Small Voices, Big Dreams Survey The survey was conducted with a total of 6,204 children in 47 countries with children aged 10 to 12. This included 36 developing nations in Africa, Asia and the Americas, as well as 11 developed countries. To see the survey, visit Small Voices Big Dreams.
About Christian Children's Fund of Canada For more than 50 years, Christian Children's Fund of Canada (CCFC) has helped children and families of all faiths break the cycle of extreme poverty around the world. CCFC is a member of ChildFund Alliance, a network of 12 child development organizations whose work encompasses more than 16 million children and their families in 58 countries. Visit www.ccfcanada.ca.CCFC provides support for children in the drought-affected areas of Burkina Faso through its child sponsorship program, which provides for basic needs and instills hope for a better future. To find out more, visit www.ccfcanada.ca/wish.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV