P&G (NYSE:PG) is teaming up with Katie Lee, best-selling author and entertaining expert, and leading lifestyle expert, celebrity stylist and television personality, Robert Verdi to share their favorite tips and must-have products to prepare for the holiday season.
From readying the home for guests, to selecting the perfect gift for everyone on their lists, to looking fabulous at every holiday gathering—and in every photo—Robert and Katie rely on P&G essentials for a stress-free holiday season.
Preparing Your Home for the Holidays
The holidays are a wonderful time of year for celebrating with family and friends over a home-cooked meal, but any good hostess knows that a clean, inviting, well-decorated home is essential before welcoming guests. According to a recent survey conducted by P&G in conjunction with Wakefield Research, 1 49% of Americans clean their homes more often during the winter holiday season. In fact, on average, they clean three additional times per week than they would at any other time of the year and also pride themselves on being the best holiday hosts and decorators with 24% and 14% of respondents aspiring to those titles, respectively. Katie Lee shares her tips for maintaining a guest-ready home:
- Placecards are an easy way to make guests feel special and liven up any table. For a creative touch, you can buy potted rosemary plants and adorn them with nametags—double as party favors guests can take home and enjoy in their own kitchens.
- When you’re hosting the party, the appearance of your home is as important as the meal you serve. I rely on products that help me get the cleaning done faster like Swiffer® WetJet® Extra Power Pad: With the scrubbing power of Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser® (Starter Kit SRP $22) and Swiffer 360°Dusters (Starter Kit SRP $5).
- There’s nothing more joyous than spending time with friends and family during the holiday season. If you’ll be hosting out of town guests, ensure that your linens are fresh and bright by laundering with Tide Pods (SRP $10 for 35ct.). Also be sure to stock bathrooms with any products they may have forgotten.
- I love filling my home with a holiday scent like Febreze Cranberries & Frost (SRP $3-$8) so guests are instantly put into the holiday spirit when they walk through my door.
- While I love preparing and serving big holiday meals to friends and family, I don’t know anyone who enjoys the clean up. To keep the chore as painless as possible, I make sure my kitchen is stocked with products that get the job done quickly and effectively like Cascade Complete Pacs (SRP $4 for 16 ct.), Bounty Paper Towels (SRP $4) and Dawn Power Clean, that provides the power of an overnight soak in just five minutes (SRP $3).
- I suggest that every woman develop at least one day-to-night look to get her through the holiday season. Adding a bold lip color, a smoky eye or a chic hairstyle in addition to a few statement accessories can transform an outfit from the office to a party. Better yet, be sure to keep a few key beauty products in your desk or purse—you never know when a surprise invitation will pop up during this time of year.
- Looking great in holiday photos is all about the smile. Make sure to use Crest 3D White 2 Hour Express Whitestrips (SRP $55) and Crest Pro- Health Clinical Rinse (SRP $6) leading up to the party so those pearly white shine. Pair a great smile with a vibrant lipstick like COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick Lip Duo in Stunner ($8) and thick dark lashes courtesy of COVERGIRL LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara (SRP $7) but stay away from colored eye shadows to ensure a look that pops in the right places.
- My clients photograph best when their hair is healthy & shiny. Pantene Pro-V Silky Moisture Whip (SRP $7) provides benefits of a styler and treatment in a lightweight, whipped form that moisturizes for 48 hours.
- Guys, look your best this season by upgrading your shave! Keep it simple with all-in-one inclusive solution, so pick up complete system like the Gillette Complete Shave and Shower collection (SRP $13).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV