The company reported on Nov. 8 that after submitting a revised capital plan to the Federal Reserve, the company was approved to buy back up to $3 billion in shares during the first quarter of 2013.
Hawken's "Buy" rating for JPMorgan Chase was unchanged, along with his price target of $46, which represents 13% upside to the closing price on Monday of $40.59.
After the Federal Reserve released the economic scenarios it would use for its next round of stress tests to be completed in March 2013, KBW analyst Frederick Cannon estimated that JPMorgan would increase the quarterly dividend by 10 cents to 40 cents, while buying back a total of $12.4 billion in common shares during 2013. This would be quite a significant capital return, especially in light of the company's efforts to improve its risk management this year.
JPMorgan's already have an attractive dividend yield of 2.96% based on the 30-cent dividend. If Canon's estimate proves to be accurate, the dividend yield would be 3.94%, based on Monday's closing price. That is quite a significant bit of income for yield-hungry investors in the prolonged low-rate environment.
Preventing another "London Whale."
Citigroup analyst Keith Horowitz on Tuesday, following a meeting with the company's new Co-Chief Operating Officer and Operating Committee member Matthew Zames, said that "one clear takeaway from the meeting is investors remain concerned about risk
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV