URS Corporation (NYSE: URS) today announced that it has been selected by the U.S. Army to provide Rotary Wing Flight Training at the U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence (USAACE) in Fort Rucker, Alabama. The contract has a one-year base period and two one-year option periods, with a maximum value of approximately $165 million to URS over the full three years.
Under the contract, URS will provide undergraduate helicopter training to more than 1,200 U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force and international military aviators annually.
Commenting on the contract, Randall A. Wotring, President of Federal Services for URS, said: “Since 1986, we have trained more than 20,000 student pilots at the U.S. Army Aviation Center for Excellence. This important win allows URS to extend our proud legacy of being the premier trainer of military rotary wing aviators.”
URS Corporation (NYSE: URS) is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries ( http://www.urs.com).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV